22 Oct 2014

Phildar 093/30 retro inspired baby pullover finished!



Here it is!
The only thing missing are the push-buttons for the neckline, but other than that finally an item that I not only knitted but actually assembled as well!


material:
I used drops baby merino, which is a baby-weight, 4-ply 100% merinos wool.
Needle metric size 2,5 for the borders and size 3 for the main pieces.
The amount of yarn I used is surprisingly little:

  • light beige (color nr.23): 65 gr
  • light turquoise (color nr.10): only 16 gr

sizing:
My stitch-count is different to the original, I have less stitches in the same width which means that the finished garment should be a little larger.
Using the 6 months old measurements I was aiming for something large enough for a 12-months old and when I compare the measurements it is almost spot on!

  • my finished width (measured from armpit to armpit): 26,5 cm
  • length from shoulder down: 29 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment