1 Nov 2011

Jasmine blouse finished!


Pattern: 'Jasmine blouse' from Colette patterns
My first take on a blouse pattern. Remember my muslin of the Jasmine blouse? I decided that I wanted longer ties, so I lengthened the ties by 10 cm. The fabric is very thin, so I used a satin bias band to finish the neckline instead of a facing. I used a synthetic fabric ('just throw it in the washing machine & go') which was very slippery. I used cornstarch to stiffen it. I washed out the cornstarch just before hemming the blouse.
- I took the sleeves slightly in and used the cuffs of the other version to finish them.
- The length was just perfect, since I (almost) never tuck my blouses in.
- I cut a size smaller pattern than my measurements indicated on the chart and it still goes on  perfect!
I definitely recommend (as always...) making a muslin.

No comments:

Post a Comment